Why do you need Security Risk Analysis?
SECURITY RISK ANALYSIS
4 Reasons you need a Security Risk Analysis
The Security Risk Analysis is the underpinning of every client engagement we conduct. If you don’t know where your risk is, you can’t fix it. The Security Risk Analysis is:
- Crucial to the foundation of your Information Security Management program
- Required under the HIPAA Security Rule
- Essential if you’re going for HITRUST, ISO or SOC 2 certification
- Necessary to close the gaps in information security practices
Whether preparing against an OCR HIPAA Audit or going for
SOC 2, the SRA cycle is similar.
Cornerstone of Compliance
If compliance is important to you – and your clients – conduct a Security Risk Analysis. Given the speed that technology changes and how often workforce turns over, we recommend a comprehensive security risk analysis every 12 to 18 months.
The Risk Analysis is also the cornerstone of your ability to comply with privacy, security and data breach notification regulations under ISO and HIPAA. Once completed, we give you a Risk Management Plan. You’ll have a plan, and our help to implement it.
Our risk analysis methods apply across industries and sectors. Once your risk analysis is done, we classify each risk as high, medium or low. We’ve provided Simplified Risk Analysis guidelines here.
Security Risk Analysis activities entail:
- Prioritized asset inventory review
- Threat and vulnerability identification
- Existing security control evaluation
- Likelihood and impact assessment
With our Security Risk Analysis Services, you:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information
- Reduce the risk of non-compliance
- Meet MACRA requirements
- Test security protocol strengths