HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule Compliance
Gap Analysis: A technique for determining the steps to be taken in moving from a current state to a desired future-state. Businessdictionary.com
Business policy and procedure gaps are a threat to your organization’s compliance health. When your goal is to maintain compliance with HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules and HITECH, identifying those gaps is part of how Apgar & Associates, LLC Gap Analysis services help you make sure your required HIPAA policy statements have been documented and implemented.
Gap Analysis Activities
- Review business policy & procedure documentation
- Identify business policy & procedure gaps
- Identify compliance method & resource needs
- Assign “gap closure” tasks and follow-up
Closing the Gap: Risk Mitigation & Management
Following the Gap Analysis project, Apgar & Associates can help you turn the Gap Analysis report results into a Risk Management action plan. We help you close the policy and procedure gaps, moving your entity from risk-vulnerable to risk-managed with step-by-step risk mitigation activities.
Risk Mitigation & Management Activities
- Assess business associate compliance
- Assess vendor compliance
- Assign risk mitigation tasks
- Establish organizational Risk Mitigation reporting & follow-up system
Apgar & Associates’ privacy and security experience stems from years of working with covered entities and business associates, from single professional offices to multi-national corporations.
For more information about our Gap Analysis services, contact us via email or at 503.384.2538.